Now I’m not really one for hype – a drink’s either good or it’s not and today I’m going to let you in on a secret. It’s my original secret literally the best old fashion drink you’ve ever had. I’m not kidding. I’ve made this drink for hundreds of times for celebrity mixologists and regulars alike with the same response – wow.
- 60 ml Double Smoked Bacon Whiskey
- 15 ml Grade B Maple Syrup
- 3 Dashes Black Walnut Bitters
- 1 Dash Angostura (optional)
- Put cracked ice into a mixing glass and 60ml (2 oz) of bacon whiskey, 15 ml of grade B (more flavorful) maple syrup. Cracked ice is important because it’ll cool and dilute the drink more than whole cubed ice would - and you need that to balance out this boozy tipple. To that add three dashed of fee’s Black Walnut Bitters and a dash of Angostura (optional).
- Smoke your glass, in whatever way you can. Allow the smoke to sit in the glass while you stir the drink in your mixing glass. Stir a little longer than you usually might - 15 seconds maybe.
- Allow the smoke out of your glass and strain your cocktail over fresh cubed ice. The smoke will likely warm the glass so you’ll need cold, hard ice to keep the temperature of the cocktail down. Garnish with the candied bacon and serve immediately.